These are super easy to make and packed with so much delicious goodness. I love fresh ginger. I like to add fresh slices in when I make tea (green tea, fennel, chamomile… etc), and I’m trying to find new ways to incorporate it in my every day foods as well.
These worked perfectly and opened my eyes to the endless combinations I can create. I will be making more combinations soon. I love having little snacks around.
So how do you make them? You literally throw everything in a bowl and squish away! My squishy! (Finding Nemo anyone?)
After you squish all the ingredients together and get the consistency you are looking for, tear off pieces (about ½ tablespoon in size) and roll them into small balls in between your hands.
After all your balls are made, toss them one by one into a small bowl of desiccated shredded coconut and roll around to coat. Done!
I linked (most of) the ingredients I used, I am an avid Amazon shopper, but feel free to use a different powder, nut butter, nut… etc. Or switch up the ingredients completely and create a whole new flavor profile. Get creative!
- Mixing bowl*
- Wood cutting board*
- Chef’s knife (my FAVORITE knife*, worth ever penny)
- Measuring set*W
- Food chopper* (easy way to chop nuts)
- Hand grater* (to grate the ginger)
Ginger Lemon Energy Balls
4 pitted medjool dates*
1 tsp finely chopped cashews*
1 tbsp protein powder*
½ tsp chia seeds*
½ tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp honey
Roll in desiccated coconut*
- Pit and break up the medjool dates, then toss them in a mixing bowl.
- Next, add in the chopped cashews, nut butter, chia seeds, grated ginger, lemon juice, honey and protein powder.
- Now it’s time to start squishing! Squish all of the ingredients in the bowl with your fingers until they are thoroughly mixed together and soft.
- Tear off small (~½ tbsp) pieces of the mixture and roll into balls (should make 10). Set aside on parchment paper.
- Take a small bowl and pour in some of your desiccated shredded coconut, then pop in each ball and roll around to coat.
- Your balls are complete! Go ahead, pop one of those little cuties into your mouth. Yum.
Let me know if you make these and what you think of them, or if you try some new combinations. I’d love to hear suggestions!
AMAZON AFFILATE LINK DISCLOSER:
ALEXAS IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM. THERE ARE LINKS ON THIS SITE THAT CAN BE DEFINED AS “AFFILIATE LINKS”. THIS MEANS THAT WE MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION (AT NO COST TO YOU) IF YOU SUBSCRIBE OR PURCHASE SOMETHING THROUGH THE LINKS PROVIDED, WHICH ARE SIGNALED WITH *.
THIS AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM HELPS WEBSITE OWNERS LIKE US TO BE ABLE TO SHARE WHAT WE LOVE FREELY, AND EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM, AUDIBLE.COM, AND ANY OTHER WEBSITE THAT MAY BE AFFILIATED WITH AMAZON SERVICE LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM.