I love tabbouleh! It is so refreshing and delicious. I discovered tabbouleh when I was at Sprouts one day, and I have been hooked on it ever since. I had to learn to make my own.
I made it a little different than the traditional tabbouleh, adding quinoa instead of bulgur, and lots of kale.
Start off by cooking your quinoa according to the box/bag. It is usually one cup of water for every 1/2 cup quinoa. Then set aside.
Next, chop up all your vegetables and herbs, and set aside.
Be sure to removed the stems from the kale before chopping. Then place the kale by itself in a large bowl.
Next, whisk together your dressing in a small bowl (extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, and fresh ground pepper).
Then, pour the dressing on top of the kale and massage for a few minutes. You will notice a visible change as you do this; the leaves will darken, shrink in size, and become silky in texture.
After massaging the kale, add in all your other ingredients, and stir thoroughly.
Time to eat! You can eat this alone, but I would suggest using pita crisps, or soft toasted naan, and scooping the tabbouleh up like a dip.
- Mixing bowl*
- Wood cutting board*
- Chef’s knife (my FAVORITE knife*, worth ever penny)
- Measuring set*
- Wire Whisk
- Rubber spatula (or something to stir with)
Kale Quinoa Tabbouleh
- 1 cup quinoa*, cooked
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (approximately 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil*
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups kale stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, or tomato of your choice
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and pepper.
- In a large bowl, place in kale and drizzle dressing on top. Using your hands, massage the oil into the kale for a few minutes.
- Next, add in all your other ingredients: cooked quinoa, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, and shallots, and stir thoroughly.
AMAZON AFFILATE LINK DISCLOSER:
ALEXAS IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM. THERE ARE LINKS ON THIS SITE THAT CAN BE DEFINED AS “AFFILIATE LINKS”. THIS MEANS THAT WE MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION (AT NO COST TO YOU) IF YOU SUBSCRIBE OR PURCHASE SOMETHING THROUGH THE LINKS PROVIDED, WHICH ARE SIGNALED WITH *.
THIS AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM HELPS WEBSITE OWNERS LIKE US TO BE ABLE TO SHARE WHAT WE LOVE FREELY, AND EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM, AUDIBLE.COM, AND ANY OTHER WEBSITE THAT MAY BE AFFILIATED WITH AMAZON SERVICE LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM.